Published March 10, 2009
So I found this draft that I apparently created towards the end of the summer last year. I apparently changed it and went with something different. I now find it humerous and think that its a smashing idea to do an update for the ohh so all encompassing checklist.
Finally!!!!….a little bit of room to breathe. Some to to sit back and either enjoy or make fun of the usual array of things that entertain me. I might have even heard a new song or two…god knows its been long enough. I decided to make a checklist of changes that have or haven’t taken place over the summer….
- Never-ending cynicism toward pretty much anyone and everything…check!
- Inability to listen to most anything on the radio without getting kind of upset that they don’t play other stuff…check!!
- Unquenchable wealth and women being showered upon me at the turn of every hour…nope.
- New room-ate who seems pretty damn cool so far and basically makes the last one look like Tommy Beecher on a Thursday night in Cola…check??
- I tingling feeling coupled with slight nausea over basically all things college football…check??
- New car…nope!!
- Never-ending cynicism toward pretty much anyone and everything…Still going strong on this one!
- Inability to listen to most anything on the radio without getting kind of upset that they don’t play other stuff…Yep…not much change here either.
- Unquenchable wealth and women being showered upon me at the turn of every hour….I’m going to throw a permenant update on this….NEVER!!
- New roomate who seems pretty damn cool so far and basically makes the last one look like Tommy Beecher on a Thursday night in Cola…Double Check…other than her dog trying to bite me this morning….Bastard..
- I tingling feeling coupled with slight nausea over basically all things college football…Progressed into full fledged nausea with the aftertaste that only Clemson football can leave.
- New car…CHECK…FINALLY!!
Published January 20, 2009
Okay this thing is short and sweet. But AMAZING!!
First up….Its pretty damn amazing that there was a feces throwing monkey on the loose in Tampa. My friend called me while she was on the way to work and said that there was traffic due to the authorities trying to catch a monkey on the loose. Radio said: “There is a monkey on the loose and feces has been thrown!!!” No Shit.
AND NOW!!! The coolest thing I’ve seen in a while. On my way home from work today, I watched a denim clad man drive his lawnmower about a half mile to the grocery store, park in a space, shop, and then drive home groceries and all. I was about to lose it. I am now completely certain as to what moment god had in mind when he invented camera phones(also why some pictures are fuzzy). George Jones ain’t got nothing on him.
Enjoy After the Jump!!!
Continue reading ‘Chicken Blog #4’
Published December 27, 2008
Tags: banjo, girl
Is there anything sexier more adorable than a girl with a banjo???……honestly.
Published December 19, 2008
So I’m trying to ween myself off of this apathetic habit of not writing anything. And…..not many things will get you off of your ass like telling people what you would like them to buy for you. I’m also planning the annual favorite albums of the year post. Hopefully I’ll get to it before the new years. I’d love to have some witty rant concerning some social disorder that I’ve been finding particularly annoying lately, but unfortunately, all seems to be well. Without further ado….
Whats really sad is that there are things on last years list that I’m just now getting for xmas this year…..WTF people. Snap to it.
Dear Santa(aka people with money),
I would like:
And now for things that are possible in this life.
- Here’s where i say that i want a macbook. And here is where everyone tells me to F off. But this year i’m substituting COMPLETED GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT for macbook. I swear to god I’ll start a cult that worships the person that brings me this little miracle.
- As always…vinyl…we all know about my fetish…get over it….I would especially like LP’s from the following groups: She and Him, Bon Iver, Jenny Lewis, The Hold Steady…..pretty much anything that you think I would like.
- Poster Art: Shepard Fairey, Marco Almera, Lindsay Khun….so forth and so on….
- I would cut off a toe for someone to make me a mix cd or something. Full of *quality* stuff they think I would like. Someone I know supposedly did this for my bday, and then lost the cd before they gave it to me. I consider this to be one of the greatest tragedies of 2008.
- New years date…hahahahahaha..how desperate is that.
- Other small things…books, movies, t-shirts(M), gummi products, cute girls with a lip gloss addiction, a drink…..etc.
That’s pretty much it. I like to keep the list short, because what I really want is for someone to surprise me with something that I didn’t even know that I really wanted.
Thanks…love you all….happy xmas.
So I swear on my grave to all five of the people that read this site occasionally, I will return to my cynical ways very soon. I’ve been beset by all things job and school. If you find the desire to know whats on my mind so unbearable that you are going into with-drawls, then check out the sidebar cause I still mark my favorite blogs and they are occasionally funny. Aside from that, here are a few tracks to get you through your day.
Common Market – Nothin At All
M. Ward – Magic Trick
The Avett Brothers – Denouncing November Blue
The Avett Brothers – Murder In the City
Dr. Dog – Hang On
Published September 22, 2008
Stuff To See
Tags: Pop Candy, Reader of the Day
After only six months of checking the popcandy blog every day, I finally made it as reader of the day. WOO HOO!!!!!
And of course It would be freaking pirate day so the comments get to be a little annoying….after like 5.
Either way…Its a miracle!